22 March 2007

breathe slow


Until my body cracks the pavement and shakes the face of the basement
Lacing the foundation with scars that sacrifice is bound to leave
Break inner-city boundaries so suburbanites are down to see
This cultural way of life and how music is more than sound to me
But freedom's lungs are heavy from pushing these smoke signals out
And we've become so disillusioned that we're scared to notice
The eviction notice speaking its clout with screams and shouts, but trust me
Clarity's waiting there on the other side of your focus
So snatch the breath from blasphemy emphatically
Transform naturally, control the art before it masters me
Breathe slow and hold the hand of whoever you can reach for
Touch the ones you've never seen before 'til the common good is restored
'Til the homeless are all execs and capitalism yields to ethics
'Til janitors live in mansions and schoolteachers can push a Lexus
'Til beef is deaded and debt is erased or collected
'Til the projects and country clubs are now and forever connected
I'll speak my messages 'til they get it
Until you're touched by something sacred and love is all that you're left with
Blessed is the head that shares the crown that he possesses
Consider yourselves my brethren and this song is my confession
'Cause man shall not live by the bottle alone
I keep a fist raised to the sky so you can follow me home
And all your problems can't be solved by one call on the phone
I keep a fist raised to the sky so you can follow me home, it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment