30 June 2007

Musings from Minnesota (3)

different.

i’ve changed. it’s more than just having a nice tan or short hair for once or the fact that i say y’all with regularity or that i now have a cell phone. i’m different than i used to be.

people ask me lots of questions now. trying to peel back the layers of intrigue, trying to understand who i’ve become. i’ve had the chance to hang out with family and friends quite a bit (much to the chagrin of my introvertedness) and everybody seems quite confused as to who i’ve become.

most people have known me as an athlete, or a student, or an assistant program director, or as a child... the thing is, i don’t really fit those molds anymore. i guess it’s hard to place someone when they no longer fit into the kind of life you knew them to live.

more people seemed concerned with what i’m going to do next after mississippi, then want to understand what my life is like now. almost as if this part is just a fluke or and aberration to how the rest of my life will be lived. this has started to bug me. mississippi is the life that i choose to live now and for now, it’s all i shall know...

No comments:

Post a Comment