09 February 2008

not on the clearance rack...

I watched “The Constant Gardner” this evening. Every time I watch it, I end up feeling like a slacker. I mean, honestly, what have I done to become more involved in the hideous injustices of the world. Would I be willing to set so many comforts aside and dive head-long into what appears to be a winless battle. If only big drug companies were the only naughty institutions and people out there... How does one start to not just say they care or throw $20 here and there, but actually start to live in such a way that good is perpetuated...


or maybe i’m just scared of what it will cost...

2 comments:

  1. ...says the man who left his family, friends and beloved city in order to move to Mississippi, live in how many different "homes", work how many challenging "jobs" just to spread a little love to some hurting folks.

    You've built houses, held hands and given folks hope when they'd given up...all while driving that deathmobile of a truck or living in a trailer with no heat or water.

    And do I really need to mention the summer heat?

    Kinda think you're living it, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's just call life at the moment as practicing for the yet to come...

    ReplyDelete