05 July 2008

Boys Will Be Boys

The boys usually get up at about 6am every morning and start their day with a run in the little park across the street. It’s usually about 5 laps or so before they head inside to do their chores and get ready for school. The crazy part is that nobody wakes them up to do this, they actually get up on their own to start their day (not my childhood I’m sure). If you ask me, it’s a great way for them to burn off so extra energy before jumping into the daily school routine.

Well, apparently a few (and by few I mean that it turned out to be six of ten) of the boys had been using the park as part of their early morning bathroom routine as well. Now remember, these kids have spent the majority of their lives on the street where the prospect of having such a lush bathroom was never even dreamt of. Granted, they knew better and had a pretty good idea what they were doing was wrong. But for whatever reason, convenience probably, they were being naughty.

It took about 20 minutes to sort out all the details tonight and find out who was guilty and what the whole story was and why they felt the need. I don’t know very many Hindi words, but I think I was able to follow most of the conversation. I was definitely struggling at holding in the giggles the whole time. We live in a gated part of the town and the fact that there is any grass at all, not to mention really nice grass, testifies to the income level of the community. I guess the bottom line (pun intended) is that they are doing their part to keep it that way... C’mon, that’s just too funny...

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo blog friends! haha

    okay so this is the funniest thing i've heard in forever. i would be right there with you laughing my face off. they probably would have slapped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm still getting a pretty good kick out of it :). this may have been my favorite post to write ever.

    ReplyDelete