20 July 2008

New Delhi

I went into New Delhi for a little sightseeing yesterday. Left here at about 8am and returned home at 6pm, so it was quite the long day. I took a bunch of pictures and I’ll throw some up once I get them sorted, but I thought I’d throw together some initial reactions to the trip...


  1. Snake charmers do really exist (as do the snakes)

  2. I had my first ever conversation with someone while they were holding a fully automatic rifle

  3. Narrow streets + too many people + motorcycles + rickshaws + tourist should end in lots of blood and broken things, yet mysteriously it does not.

  4. Anybody who has money (in India I fit into that category) does not walk anywhere, therefore if you break that norm people get really confused (and every rickshaw between you and your destination will stop assuming that you need a ride)

  5. Touching stones laid by distant Empires in the 1600s is an eerily awesome experience

No comments:

Post a Comment