05 August 2008

All in a Day's Work

We’ve been getting a ton of rain lately. Now, I know, it’s monsoon season and technically that’s what supposed to happen. But really monsoon just means that there is a good chance of getting some rain every day. The last few days we’ve been getting buckets. I mean, if you don’t mind being soggy all the time, transformers across the way getting waterlogged and making their own fireworks (and the subsequent power outages) and if you have no reason going outside at all during the day, it’s pretty great. One of the nice little things about it is last night a front went through and the temperature actually dropped below 90* first the first time since my first week here (and how did I convince myself that I should leave Mississippi this summer so I could escape the heat?). The best part of all was that this afternoon, no matter how hard we tried, we could not find a dry spot to play soccer. So into the mud we went. Yuppers, 12 muddy boys walking home after the fun is a pretty great way to end the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment